Girona vs Barcelona : Barcelona EYES 8th consecutive win, Girona AIM to cause upset by seeking top10 entry – Check Preview, Team News, Predicted XI
Girona will host La Liga leaders Barcelona in the match. Barcelona will try to defend their eight-match unbeaten streak in this encounter between Catalan rivals. Girona, on the other hand, is 11th in the points standings, and a win over Barcelona would move them closer to the top 10. Girona comes into the game after a 1-0 loss to Villarreal in their previous match. Barcelona, on the other side, won their previous match against Real Sociedad. We look at Team News and Predicted XI ahead of the match.
Girona Team News:
- Girona will be missing David Lopez, Reinier, and Ibrahima Kebe due to injuries.
- Santiago Bueno will miss the game after receiving a red card in the last match against Villarreal.
- Valentin Castellanos is expected to head the offensive line, while Javi Hernandez is expected to be picked in the backfield.
Girona possible XI: Gazzaniga; Martinez, Hernandez, Espinosa, Gutierrez; Romeu, A Garcia; Riquelme, Martin, Villa; Castellanos
Barcelona Team News
- After serving their bans, Robert Lewandowski and Ferran Torres will be available for the encounter.
- Marcos Alonso, Raphinha, Sergi Roberto, and Jordi Alba are all in line to make their debuts.
- Ansu Fati is also expected to be chosen over Lewandowski.
Barcelona possible XI: Ter Stegen; Kounde, Araujo, Christensen, Balde; Pedri, Busquets, F de Jong; Dembele, Fati, Gavi